Ultimate.ai - The leading customer service automation platform
We help brands give great support experiences to every customer, instantly. At Ultimate.ai, we’re proving that support automation done right can help brands serve more customers, better. Some of the best brands in the world use Ultimate to build their own virtual agent - their new favourite team member! - which works round the clock resolving customer requests, taking care of back office tasks and providing key insights and analytics. We combine cutting-edge AI with beautiful, intuitive user interfaces and an ambitious, customer-first go-to-market model.
Ultimate.ai - The ultimate destination for your career
Shipping a product this good isn’t easy. That’s why Ultimate.ai is built by some of the smartest people we know. This is an opportunity to join an unstoppable team of AI researchers, engineers, product people, marketers, sellers, conversational designers, and operators.
We’ve just raised a $20M Series A from global investors with deep pockets and we’re relentlessly ramping up our rocketship. Get in at the ground floor because we won’t be here for long!
We want to fundamentally change how people work in customer service. So we need a team of world-class talent. As a Sr. Machine Learning Engineer at Ultimate.ai, you’ll be an integral part of this team from day one. You'll be take part in the design, implementation and maintenance processes of our core AI systems and you'll work together with other machine learning engineers and all the development teams to create a world-class AI platform.
The Ultimate Offer
We know you will bring a ton of value, therefore we will take this chance to make sure that you are in the clear about what this ultimate opportunity will entail:
- Generous PTOs policy of 28 days per year.
- As an Ultimate engineer, you'll get not only an above-market compensation package but also well-defined career paths that keep your impact growing, whether you want to lead a team or not.
Flexibility to be at the office 5 days per week or work from home all those 5 days - the choice is yours and we have full trust in you and your decision.
- Apropos office: A central, well-lit and stylish Kreuzberg office at Paul-Lincke-Ufer that’ll make you, and whoever you show it to, fall in love. The fridge is always full with beer and the staple Club-Mate!
- A Learning and Development allowance for you to spend on whatever it is that makes you thrive professionally.
- A Sport and Hobby allowance for you to spend on that yoga class you have always wanted to try or that pottery course that keeps on popping up on your news feed.
Team Events all year long: BBQ, Stand-up paddling, Volleyball… you name it, we have organized them all for our ultiMATEs!
Team off-sites to unite all the ultiMATEs around the world in a sunny location!
- A generous stock options program that ensures that our success is your success.
- A truly diverse team awaits you: 40% of our workforce is women and underrepresented genders and we come from over 30 nationalities.
The Ultimate Role
- You'll be part of a team responsible for maintaining and developing our core AI technologies which support millions of monthly conversations, using Python, Scipy and TensorFlow.
- You'll work closely with the AI Researchers and turn their prototypes into production-grade AI services and enhance the performance and capabilities of our core NLP.
- You'll own the full development and operations cycle of a product, whilst helping to ensure our systems are running correctly and efficiently.
- You'll use industry-proven tools such as git, and practices such as CI/CD in an agile setup.
- You'll be joining a cross-functional team. Aside from data engineers, our teams have Node.js Engineers, AI Researchers, DevOps Engineers, and Frontend Engineers.
The Ultimate Profile
- You have a quantitative or technical degree, e.g. Computer Science, Machine Learning, etc.
- You have 2+ years of relevant experience in building large-scale machine learning or deep learning models in Python, Tensorflow (or other deep learning frameworks), and Python’s data stack (NumPy, SKLearn, Pandas, etc).
- You have 4+ years of experience writing robust code by using OOP principles and unit tests for live production systems and working with large datasets.
- You have a great understanding of microservices architecture and experience in various Python web frameworks such as Tornado, Flask, etc.
- You have experience in using container orchestration systems (i.e Kubernetes) and machine learning workflow tools (i.e Kubeflow).
- You are familiar with Google Cloud tools and the services it offers.
- You are a positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft, is keen to take part in product discussions, and cares about helping the team deliver.
- You can speak, write and express yourself in English – our company’s working language – in a professional context.
If you want to find out more about ultimate.ai, check out our social media: our Ultimate Life page paints you the perfect picture of what it is like to work at the best team on earth, our Ultimate Open Culture where you find all the information regarding us or how application process and onboarding will look like. Or just hit up one of our folks on LinkedIn, they are our proudest ambassadors!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. ultimate.ai prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: ultimate.ai is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.