Please note that for this position we do not provide visa support.
Ultimate.ai - The leading customer service automation platform
We help brands give great support experiences to every customer, instantly. At Ultimate.ai, we’re proving that support automation done right can help brands serve more customers, better. Some of the best brands in the world use Ultimate to build their own virtual agent - their new favourite team member! - which works round the clock resolving customer requests, taking care of back office tasks and providing key insights and analytics. We combine cutting-edge AI with beautiful, intuitive user interfaces and an ambitious, customer-first go-to-market model.
Ultimate.ai - The ultimate destination for your career
Shipping a product this good isn’t easy. That’s why Ultimate.ai is built by some of the smartest people we know. This is an opportunity to join an unstoppable team of AI researchers, engineers, product people, marketers, sellers, conversational designers, and operators.
We’ve just raised a $20M Series A from global investors with deep pockets and we’re relentlessly ramping up our rocketship. Get in at the ground floor because we won’t be here for long!
Being our first hire in the US for Customer Engineering, you will be the primary technical contact of some of our largest, most strategic US-based customers. Our Technical Support Engineer not only could work indepently, but also enjoys collaborating with an international EU-based team. In this role you will be adept at both building relationships and resolving issues. You will own or orchestrate resolution of cases, help build strong partnerships, and provide an unparalleled support experience for assigned customers.
The Ultimate Offer
We know you will bring a ton of value, therefore we will take this chance to make sure that you are in the clear about what this ultimate opportunity will entail:
- Generous PTOs policy of 28 days per year.
Flexibility to be at the office 5 days per week or work from home all those 5 days - the choice is yours and we have full trust in you and your decision.
- The Berlin Onboarding Experience: We fly in all of our US hires for two weeks to experience the ultimate Onboarding! Most importantly, we think this is a perfect opportunity for you to explore our European roots!
- A Learning and Development allowance for you to spend on whatever it is that makes you thrive professionally.
- A Sport and Hobby allowance for you to spend on that yoga class you have always wanted to try or that pottery course that keeps on popping up on your news feed.
Team Events all year long: BBQ, Stand-up paddling, Volleyball… you name it, we have organized them all for our ultiMATEs!
Team off-sites to unite all the ultiMATEs around the world in a sunny location!
- A generous stock options program that ensures that our success is your success.
- A truly diverse team awaits you: 40% of our workforce is women and underrepresented genders and we come from over 30 nationalities.
The Ultimate Role
- Primary technical point of contact for designated customers by providing well-thought out and reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to help designated customers integrate and maintain their Ultimate.ai bots.
- End-to-end ownership of our customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause and issue resolution while maintaining high expectations of response quality, timeliness and overall customer experience.
- Work in close collaboration with Customer Success Managers to receive, manage and expeditiously resolve escalations from our customers.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Gaining deep knowledge of the technical architecture and specifics of our customers’ setup.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with technical stakeholders from our customers.
- Provide feedback to the training and documentation so that common or emerging issues can be addressed before they become serious or widespread.
- Process improvements and identifying new ways to delight customers.
- Assess the risk of product releases, and impending and important dates throughout the year, and act to mitigate any identified issues.
The Ultimate Profile
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Customer Support, technical support or software development, preferably customer-facing roles whereby you champion the communication with enterprise customers to reproduce and understand their problems.
- You know your way around monitoring and logging solutions to explore the circumstances and root cause of an issue (Kibana, Sentry, Datadog or Prometheus)
- Experience with incident response and on-call
- You are a team-player and are able to communicate with various stakeholders: in-house developers, technical stakeholders from customers etc in a variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person etc.)
- Work Permit in the US.
If you want to find out more about ultimate.ai, check out our social media: our Ultimate Life page paints you the perfect picture of what it is like to work at the best team on earth, our Ultimate Open Culture where you find all the information regarding us or how application process and onboarding will look like. Or just hit up one of our folks on LinkedIn, they are our proudest ambassadors!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. ultimate.ai prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: ultimate.ai is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.