Imagine a virtual customer support agent that works 24/7, speaks 109 languages, and instantly and intelligently gives customers the answers they’re looking for.
You don’t need to imagine because that’s Ultimate - the world’s most powerful virtual agent platform.
Powered by industry-leading AI, a laser-focus on customer experience and a world-class team across the globe, we’re committed to bringing joy and innovation to customer service. With customers regularly ranking us #1 on G2, it’s no wonder some of the best brands in the world have already scaled their digital support with Ultimate - from Vodafone to Finnair, Gorillas to Zalando.
Ultimate Destination For Your Career
At Ultimate, careers accelerate. New opportunities arise as the company is constantly evolving and our Finnish, non-hierarchical culture means that everyone has a seat and a voice at the table. You’ll learn from some of the best and brightest minds, as well as having the opportunity to show us your brilliance and see the impact of your work. We truly offer career-defining opportunities.
With hubs in Helsinki, Berlin, New York and London, alongside our ever-growing global remote workforce, you get to choose a working environment that suits you.
And we are proudly diverse - over 35 nationalities make up our worldwide team. Our Nordic ethics have created a culture where we can all lead by example and shape the company - and industry - we want to see, together.
Off the back of our $20M Series A and unstoppable expansion across the globe, there’s never been a better time to join.
The Ultimate Role:
The “Creation & Onboarding” squads mission is to make it easy for our clients to be successful with our product, to go from 0 to hero in as little time as possible — reduce the time of ROI. You will research, user-test and iterate based on input from users, your peers, topic experts or VP of Product but in the end you will own your work — the discovery, the validation and execution. As a product designer for the “Creation & Onboarding” squad you’ll be an integral part of a world class team from day one. You will work closely with a team of engineers, product managers and fellow designers while engaging with internal stakeholders and customers to define a long-term strategy for our products creation and onboarding experience.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to develop and translate high-level concepts into great experiences. A simple, clean and responsive user interface where a seamless user experience is your North Star. The topic of AI automation and Virtual Agents can be hard to navigate for new users so you need to take UX best practices and user research to help guide them through their journey.
- Lead our “Creation & Onboarding” squad and own the research, the discovery, user testing and design. Use these tools and your drive to build the best product on the market.
- Create a product with a simple, yet intuitive user experience that empowers customers to onboard themselves to create, manage and understand their AI.
- Work together with your fellow product designers to build a consistent UX/UI across the whole customer journey using the design system you will help build and maintain.
- Validate your assumptions using qualitative and/or quantitative research.
- Work closely with product managers and engineers throughout the implementation stage to ensure a high level of quality in the final product.
The Ultimate Profile:
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer with hands-on experience of creating intuitive UX for first time users and product onboarding of B2B or B2C (SaaS) products. You have a passion for intuitive and simple user experiences, crafted with pixel perfection and delightful details to take our product and its usability to the next level — the user comes first and you know it. Ideally, you have:
- 4+ years experience in designing and launching intuitive products from concept, through user-testing and validation, to pixel-perfect delightful experiences.
- Experience designing onboarding flows to complex products - a bonus!
- A clear understanding of typography, hierarchy, interactions and visual design.
- A strong portfolio with samples of your work and design process.
- Experience in conducting user interviews and usability tests of designs, no matter the fidelity.
- Able to provide solutions through understanding human needs and motivations while also being mindful of the business requirements.
- Knowledge, a passion for, and are always up to date on design methodologies, UX best practices and UI trends.
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and clearly articulate design decisions convincingly in English (as well as sharing knowledge and insights, explaining design rationales, etc.).
- Deep experience with design tools like Figma, Sketch and you know your way around prototyping tools.
Nice to haves:
- You have experience in designing and maintaining design systems.
- Experience in programming and ability to code simple prototypes is a plus.
The Ultimate Offer:
Transparency is important to us, so we want to be clear about what the Ultimate opportunity means for you:
- Generous PTO policy of 28 days per year.
- Truly flexible working. Office, home-based or a mix of both, you work where it works for you. (A stylish, well-lit Kreuzberg-based office).
- We recognise that you bring your best and we show our appreciation with actions, not just words - our competitive salaries and generous stock options program ensures that our success is your success.
- Personal Growth Allowance for you to spend on whatever it is that makes you thrive - whether it’s a coding course, learning a new language or that pottery course that keeps on popping up on your feed, we’ve got you covered.
- Team Events all year long - meat-free BBQs, stand-up paddle boarding, volleyball… you name it, we’ll organise it, plus team off-sites to unite because we’re better together.
- A truly diverse team awaits you. 40% of our workforce identify as women and we come from over 35 nationalities.
Our Interview Process:
We want our process to be smooth and transparent as much as possible.
- Intro chat with our Talent Partner - 20 minutes
- Interview with Hiring Manager - 1 hour
- Design Technique with Panel - 1.5 hours
Our Commitment to You:
Recruiting and developing a diverse range of talent is critical to our growth philosophy. We understand we might need to adapt our process and we’re happy to cater to any r adjustments you may require. Please let the Talent team know if we can help you with the application process in any way and at any stage.
If you want to find out more about us check out our Ultimate Open Culture which will provide a deep dive into life at Ultimate. Here’s our behind-the-scenes social media too: Ultimate Life.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Ultimate prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: Ultimate is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.