THE ULTIMATE OPPORTUNITY
Imagine a virtual customer support agent that works 24/7, speaks 109 languages, and instantly and intelligently gives customers the answers they’re looking for.
You don’t need to imagine because that’s Ultimate - the world’s most powerful virtual agent platform.
Powered by industry-leading AI, a laser-focus on customer experience and a world-class team across the globe, we’re committed to bringing joy and innovation to customer service. With customers regularly ranking us #1 on G2, it’s no wonder some of the best brands in the world have already scaled their digital support with Ultimate - from Vodafone to Finnair, Gorillas to Zalando.
THE ULTIMATE DESTINATION FOR YOUR CAREER
At Ultimate, careers accelerate. New opportunities arise as the company is constantly evolving and our Finnish, no-ego culture means that everyone has a seat and a voice at the table. You’ll learn from some of the best and brightest minds, as well as having the opportunity to show us your brilliance and see the impact of your work. We truly offer career-defining opportunities.
With hubs in Helsinki, Berlin, New York and London, alongside our ever-growing global remote workforce, you get to choose a working environment that suits you.
And we are proudly diverse - over 35 nationalities make up our worldwide team. Our Nordic ethics have created a culture where we can all lead by example and shape the company - and industry - we want to see, together.
The Ultimate Role
Our integrations into CRM platforms like Zendesk, LiveChat or Salesforce is what enables our Virtual Agents to pick up incoming conversations, answer emails, create tickets and perform actions just like a human agent on these platforms would.
These integrations are what allows our clients to automate workflows in the tools they are already using.
You’ll be instrumental in developing and growing our Integrations tribe.
You will directly manage about 10 engineers from various skill sets (Frontend and Backend). The number of people and skill sets you interact with, might be subject to change as we gear up the organisation for future challenges.
We value friendliness, helpfulness and that you care for what we’re building.
Please note: This role can be based in Berlin, London or Remote via a B2B contract
The Ultimate Responsibilities:
- High level technical and people leadership for our full stack cross functional teams.
- You will be responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing the team.
- You will work to empower the engineers by fostering micro feedback, mutual accountability, shared ownership, and a bottom up culture in close collaboration with the other Engineering Managers.
- You will enable engineers to push for best practices inside their discipline aiming at greater productivity, cleaner code and product quality.
- Collaborate with fellow Engineering Managers to keep our engineering group healthy, effective, and focused.
- Facilitate communication between stakeholders, Product Managers and Engineers.
- Help to continuously discover and evaluate new technologies to maximize our development team efficiency in collaboration with the Chapter Leads.
The Ultimate Profile
- You enjoy managing engineers and you have done it successfully before
- You have experience scaling teams and leading engineering teams through change.
- You are a natural motivator and enthusiastic mentor
- You enjoy coaching and developing a team and an individual’s skills.
- You’re able to understand the position of others and accept that your own view isn't perfect to reach a better outcome.
- You know how to facilitate discussions and communicate effectively with different stakeholders
- You have experience working in collaborative teams, and understand the benefits of sharing knowledge via pair programming and code reviews.
- You have a strong expertise in iterative development and balancing risks
- You care about engineering quality and know how it can be achieved
- You have several years of professional experience developing and maintaining complex architectures and have a strong expertise in software design
The Interview Process:
We value transparency, so want to let you know what to expect:
1. Initial meeting with the Talent team
2. Interview with the hiring manager
3. Interview with key stakeholders
4. Final interview with CTO and Director of Product Engineering
THE ULTIMATE OFFER
Transparency is important to us, so we want to be clear about what the Ultimate opportunity means for you:
Generous PTO policy of 28 days per year.
Truly flexible working. Office, home-based or a mix of both, you work where it works for you. (A stylish, well-lit Kreuzberg-based office).
We recognise that you bring your best and we show our appreciation with actions, not just words - our competitive salaries and generous stock options program ensures that our success is your success.
Personal Growth Allowance for you to spend on whatever it is that makes you thrive - whether it’s a coding course, learning a new language or that pottery course that keeps on popping up on your feed, we’ve got you covered.
Team Events all year long - meat-free BBQs, stand-up paddle boarding, volleyball… you name it, we’ll organize it, plus team off-sites to unite because we’re better together.
A truly diverse team awaits you. 40% of our workforce identify as women and we come from over 35 nationalities.
Our Commitment to You:
Recruiting and developing a diverse range of talent is critical to our growth philosophy. We understand we might need to adapt our process and we’re happy to cater to any adjustments you may require. Please let the Talent team know if we can help you with the application process in any way and at any stage.
If you want to find out more about us check out our Ultimate Open Culture which will provide a deep dive into life at Ultimate. Here’s our behind-the-scenes social media too: Ultimate Life.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Ultimate prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: Ultimate is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.